My friends and I had a game jam last weekend and made a game about tuning old analog TVs. It’s called TV Trouble, and it turned out really well! It’s up on itch.io right now, so you can check it out here:
I had been meaning to get around to this for some time, but I never got around to it until now. I wanted something semi-nice looking to use as an ident for future trailer videos (more info on that soon), so I put together something quick in After Effects. Here it is:
I thought it would be a good idea to start posting up some of the problems I run into while developing the game, along with the solution I manage to eventually come up with. It might come in handy for anyone reading, and at the very least it’s useful for me to write this stuff down for future reference.
I’ve been working on the scripting of the game logic for beginnings and ends of rounds, and I came across a bit of a puzzle. At the end of a round, I need to be able to use the player’s scores (stored in an array) to find the winner of the round. It’s a simple enough task, but the solution took me a surprising amount of effort to arrive at. The solution I came up with was so simple I’m wondering why I didn’t come up with it to begin with.
For the past two or so weeks, progress on Laser Bash has been really slow, and that’s been pretty frustrating. It’s mainly due to work and life commitments stacking up in a way that leaves me with very little time to work on the game, but it’s also due to me being at a point at which some important decisions have to be made on what direction I want the game to go in before I go any further.